About

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

My review of TOMORROW THE WORLD by Josephine Cox

TOMORROW THE WORLD
By Josephine Cox

Bridget Mulligan loves her husband. He is caring, loyal and dependable - everything a woman could ask for. But she can't quite forget Harry - the one that got away - and when a snow storm drives her into his arms, the inevitable happens. Nine months later a child is born. 

Overcome with remorse, Bridget is determined that her husband should know the truth, but her confession can lead only to heartbreak. Although he allows his wife and her child to continue living in his home, Tom Mulligan makes it clear that their marriage is over. Lonely and afraid, Bridget finds comfort in the friendship of Fanny, a feisty young mother who knows what it is to be alone. But Bridget's life can never be complete until she has the love of the only man she ever really wanted...

My Thoughts...


The ending to this book made me happy... so did the actual story, but the ending made me especially happy.

I thought that the event that started the story was wrong and that Bridget shouldn't have given in to temptation - she was married after all. Although, without that one event, there would be no story for me to add to my 'favorites' shelf!

I loved the characters of Bridget, Ruthie and, despite it all, Harry. They all seemed like really nice people, and I thought that the ending turned out well for them.

I was not sure what to think about Tom Mulligan. One minute he loves his child and the next he hates it. I believed that how he treated Bridget was appalling, even though she was honest and, in many similar cases, many lies would generally be told and things would be made ten times worse. I was slightly sorry for him at the end of his characters part in the story (no spoilers) but what happened, happened because of his own choices.

I do love this book and Highly Recommend it to any Josephine Cox/Historical Fiction/Historical Drama lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment