About

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Read my review of Shy Girls Can't Date Frienemies (Shy Girls Sweet Romances) by Milly Rose #YoungAdult #ContemporaryRomance #NewRelease


I am so happy I was able to receive and read a copy of Shy Girls Can't Date Frienemies before it's release! It is out now, so read my review and then go and get yourself a copy!


Shy Girls Can't Date Frienemies
(Shy Girls Sweet Romances)
By Milly Rose



Falling for my best friend's twin brother was not part of the plan...

At my fancy private school, I’m the poor girl.

I’m also a lousy student, jeopardizing my scholarship.

Even worse, my soccer coach benches me until my grades improve.

My only hope is mind-numbing tutoring sessions with nerdy Milo.

While we study, his cologne wafts my way. I fixate on his hands. Soon, his voice lulls me into fantasy.

It’d horrify my best friend to know I’m crushing on his twin brother, whom we agreed is the enemy.

This attraction must stay a secret. But when Milo leans in with those kissable lips, deep down, I know what I want.


This is a standalone romance book with a HEA. It is part of the Shy Girls Sweet Romances series, which can be read in any order.


Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Page Length: 403

Grab a copy HERE!

MY THOUGHTS

Jamie is your typical tomboy – she roller-skates, plays football, hangs out with the boys and beats them at video games. And yet, there is another side to Jamie, one she hides from everyone. She secretly wants a movie romance, longs for someone to come along and sweep her off her feet. But how could she ever get that when she’s friends with all the boys?

When she starts to fall behind at school, and with the threat of her scholarship being taken away hanging over her, Jamie has no choice but to be tutored by her best friend’s brother. And although Milo has always been the brunt of her’s and Kai’s jokes, she can’t help but like him. Perhaps a little too much. There is a connection there, and one that Jamie didn’t necessarily want to have happen with Milo of all people – but even she can’t deny the fluttering of her heart.

Once again, Milly Rose has knocked it out of the park with another swoon-worthy romance fest! I couldn’t stop reading this book, and stayed up much too late reading it, and ended up falling asleep reading it once or twice because I simply refused to go to sleep! 

I absolutely loved Jamie’s character. She is not flawless, she is struggling in school, is quick to anger, and finds it impossible to talk to other girls, but she is incredibly likeable. Her dedication, when she finally puts her mind to something, is admirable, and her passion for football is lovely to read about. She is an incredibly strong-willed person, and is not afraid to fight against injustice, or things she doesn’t feel are right. While I loved Jamie, I absolutely adored Milo. If only book boyfriends could exist in real life! Milo is so incredibly caring and kind, considerate about others, and ready to do anything he can to help out. He is all round an incredibly lovely guy. 

I wouldn’t particularly call this an enemies to lovers story, as Jamie and Milo were never technically enemies. Jamie is very close with Kai, Milo’s twin brother, but Milo is the one with the brains and the capability to tutor Jamie and ensure she gets the grades she needs to stay in Ashworth Academy. For a while, Jamie barely tolerates the tutoring, but I think that was more to do with the fact that she was being forced to do homework, rather than because she had to spend time around Milo. Personally, I think they had simply never had a reason to grow close before Jamie’s grades started to fall. Milo and Jamie’s romance is a particularly beautiful one. Jamie has longed for a fairytale romance for so long, and it just took Milo to arrive and sweep her off her feet to get what she so desired. Their relationship doesn’t progress too quickly, they take the time to get to know each other properly, but find themselves falling for each other very soon. 

There is the added drama in this story of Jamie’s past, for her mother has a dark backstory that has been mostly hidden since her disappearance. Things start to reveal themselves as the story progresses, and there is a twist at the end of the book that allows things to fall into place regarding what truly happened to Jamie’s mother, and the truth behind secrets that were kept for far too long. While this isn’t a central part of the story, it does keep the whole story very realistic, and adds a certain depth of drama that makes you keep reading as you wait impatiently to find out the truth.

I think one of the things I love most about this series is that all the stories happen within the same school, so throughout all the books you get a glimpse into the other characters, and how they’re doing with their lives and relationships. In particular, we get to see Ash and Christie from Shy Girls Can’t Date Billionaires in this story, as Jamie and Milo spend some time with the couple. The interlocking storylines make the whole thing seem so much more three-dimensional, and giving a much greater depth to the story. Slowly, throughout the series, we learn more about the school, the areas around it, and the people who attend it, and I love meeting new people with each story. 

I absolutely love reading Milly Rose’s books, and know I will be impatiently awaiting the next one. If you’ve never read one of her books before, get started now! There are three in this series so far, just sat out there waiting for you to pick one up and start reading!


Milly Rose is an animal-loving romance enthusiast with a swoon-inducing book formula. Shy girl + hot guy + first kisses. Her YA sweet romance books will have you falling in love every instalment. Milly Rose is the quintessential shy girl, who you can contact via her mailing list and reply to her monthly email blasts! Milly spends her days vying for her cat’s affection, dreaming up her next book boyfriend, and writing a fun meet-cute under candlelight with a lovely brewed cup of tea.

GET A FREE BOOK HERE >> https://dl.bookfunnel.com/cod6m6wfzw

(You will sign up to Milly Rose’s Newsletter and are free to unsubscribe anytime!)

Follow along on Instagram + Tiktok @shy.author.milly.rose

No comments:

Post a Comment